Spotsylvania High School
Class Of 1970
What a great party we had !!!!! The Class of 1970 ROCKS !!!
If you are a member of the SHS class of 1970 please join our site by clicking on Classmates Profiles on the left and finding your name. Then follow the directions.......when you visit our site PLEASE take the time to complete a profile.... if you visit site without creating a profile, we do not have your email address and are unable to contact you. Many important messages are sent via this site and not through the regular mail... we want to be able to reach you !! When you create your profile, you are able to block all profile information from the general public and control exactly what info you want your classmates to see.
This is an on-going site that is still under construction. Check out all the tabs on the left and be on the outlook for changes and new additions. We hope you enjoy the site .
We need your help to spread the word about our site ! Please share the site address with anyone from our class with whom you are in contact. Please take the time to call friends who have not created a profile and encourage them to do so !! If you know of friends who do not have access to a computer, please encourage to contact us and we will create a profile for them !! We all need to work together !!
If you attended Spotsylvania High School with our class but did not graduate for any reason we still want you to be a part of our site. If your name is not on the classmate or guest list and you would like to visit the site, please contact us and we will add you to our list. We would love to have you make a profile, connect with old friends, and/or attend any get-togethers we have !!!
We had a good crowd for our 40th Reunion celebration and everyone seemed to have a great time..... it was just over too soon !! Check under "Do You Remember" for photos of both our 20th and 40th Reunions !
Don't forget to look under the icon Class Reunion Survey . Whether you attended the reunion or not, we would like your input to help us plan future get-togethers !! Please take the time to complete the survey!
We are hoping to keep up this website even though our 40th reunion is over..... we think that it is a great way to communicate with classmates and keep up with each other. We are hoping that everyone will check in regularly and update any changes in their status. It does cost money to keep our site and domain..... if you would like to make a contribution to help keep the site going, please contact us !! All contributions are appreciated !!
- If you took pictures at the reunion, we would love to have them to add to our gallery..... please email them directly to Vickie. You can contact her if you need her private email address.....
- Dennis Michaliga wants to share that if you are a member of Classmates.com, it is very easy to copy and paste your yearbook photo from the Spotsy site and add it to your classmate.com profile.
- If you have any candid photos from our high school days that you would like to share with the class, please send them to Vickie .....we will be happy to create additional photo galleries for our site.....
- It has come to our notice that some of the songs originally on our "Playlist" have disappeared.... we have discovered that this seems to be a copyright/license problem and cannot be corrected....
- The following announcement is from Keith Stafford: "I just wanted to announce to my classmates, so it doesn't become awkward, that I did not father Anna Nicole's child".......
- The following announcement is from Marvella Daniel (McDill): " I'm looking for old Spotsy yearbooks for the school years ending 1965 and 1967. I never had one when they came out, but would love to hear from someone who has an extra. Thanks !"
- The following announcement is from Betty Jean Chewning Lord:
Just wanted to say what a WONDERFUL, FUN night I had at our reunion! It was so great to see all my "old" friends that were such an important part of my life in high school! Thanks to all that came and shame on you for the ones that didnt! LOL It really was an awesome night that I will never forget. God Bless you all until we meet again =}
- The following announcement is from Janice Sealy-Burton: My band "Tuff Luck Turn" is playing the Moose Club Social Quarters on Saturday, April 16 from 9-11. You are all invited to attend. If you are in the area, come on out and join the fun! Contact me if you have any questions !
- The following announcement is from Margaret Jones Venzon: I am now associated with Farmer's Insurance in the Fredericksburg area. Our company offers insurance for auto, home, life, umbrella, and business needs. I would welcome contacts from my former Spotsy classmates. My office number is 571-306-6678 and my cell number is 703- 580-8091.
- The Spotsylvania High School Class of 1974 is having a reunion on October 25 ,2014 and is inviting all interested persons from other classes from the 1970s to attend. The event is being held at the Mattaponi Winery from 6:00 to 10:00 with a cost of $25.00 a person...music and dancing provided by a DJ......Please share this info with anyone you know that is not a member of our site or does not have internet access...
- The following announcement is from Joyce Williams Graves: I wanted to share with my classmates and all others,that I wrote a religious/spiritual book called "Jesus I Don't Understand". I feel truly blessed to have accomplished this undertaking. If you would like to know more about my book, go to www.joycetreasures.com . You can purchase my book also from Amazon.com or Barnes and Nobles. I hope you all have a bucket list. My book was one of my bucket list projects. Thank you and God bless.